Quantity Surveying Services Melbourne
Newin is your trusted Quantity Surveying partner in Melbourne, VIC, offering an extensive and highly experienced approach to a diverse clientele, spanning various sectors of the construction industry.
Newin is a trusted partner of choice across the Building & Construction industry
Reports Completed to Date
Average Cost Savings
Our Quantity Surveying Services across Melbourne
Construction Cost Management and Contract Administration
We serve as the initial point of contact between the design and construction teams and our clients, which may include homeowners, builders, or developers. Our role encompasses conducting a construction audit, from the pre-verification of costs before project commencement to the ongoing tracking and monitoring of expenses throughout the construction process.
Construction Cost Project Claim Assessments and Performance
We will evaluate and provide recommendations for both progress and variation claims. Additionally, we will diligently monitor various project budget components, including the costs of completed work, work in progress, and, when required, the costs associated with defective work. Our overarching objective is to guarantee that the construction expenses remain in alignment with the approved budget.
Registered Quantity Surveyor’s Cost Report
This may be required by your council for a DA-approved renovation, construction, or development.
Independent Bank Reports and Assessments
We have extensive experience in preparing the Bank’s Initial Report, Drawdown Valuation Reports, and associated requests. This includes the valuation of completed and ongoing work and the handling of progress claims. Newin has a proven track record of working with numerous leading banks and a deep understanding of their specific requirements in these areas.
Construction Cost Plans and Estimations
We specialize in cost estimation for a broad spectrum of projects, spanning residential, commercial, and industrial developments. Our process involves meticulously calculating the expenses associated with materials and labor, all tailored to the specifics of your project design and specifications.
Our services cover the full project lifecycle, from high-level feasibility cost analyses to comprehensive design cost assessments, both pre and post-tender. Our overarching goal with these cost plans is to provide an independent and thorough evaluation of your project’s budget, pinpoint potential risks, and identify avenues for cost savings.
Find out more about our Melbourne construction cost estimate services here.
GET A FIX FEE TODAY FAST AND EASY
MELBOURNE HOME BUILDERS AND TRADES
Quantity Surveying that offers NO Surprises
Hi, I’m Hai Nguyen, founder of Newin Building Estimating Services, and that’s what I’ll help you do – cost and manage your building projects to ultimately ensure your project gets completed to budget and without any cost surprises.
We are a Melbourne-based property and construction advisory firm specialising in Quantity Surveying and Cost Management services. We work with domestic, commercial, and industrial builders, home-owners, architects, and developers at various phases: prior to construction, during construction, and post-construction.
Over the years we’ve seen clients get caught out with poor project tracking systems, inaccurate costings, or simply “paying too much”, sadly leaving many financially strained.
We have a proven risk management system and industry track record for addressing all these.
The result- greater confidence that your project will be delivered on time and within budget.
With offices across Sydney, Melbourne, as well as Auckland, New Zealand, and powered by 18 year’s + experience in the construction industry, over 7000 reports behind us, we’d love to share how we can help with your building project whether it’s a renovation, new home build, commercial or even a high-rise residential project.
Why do you need a Quantity Surveyor?
1. Accurate Budget Planning: Building a new property or embarking on a construction project can be a significant financial endeavor. To ensure that your project stays within budget, a Building Quantity Surveyor is an invaluable asset. They specialize in detailed cost estimation and financial management for construction projects. By working with a Quantity Surveyor from the early stages of your project, you can create an accurate and well-defined budget that takes into account all the expenses, from materials and labor to any unforeseen costs. This meticulous budget planning not only helps you avoid financial surprises down the road but also allows you to make informed decisions about the scope and quality of your project.
2. Cost Efficiency: Building Quantity Surveyors are experts at optimizing costs without compromising on quality. They play a crucial role in value engineering, where they explore alternative materials and construction methods that can save money without sacrificing the intended design or functionality. Their extensive knowledge of construction costs, market rates, and project management helps streamline the entire construction process. With their assistance, you can identify cost-saving opportunities, negotiate with contractors, and track expenses throughout the project. Ultimately, having a Building Quantity Surveyor by your side ensures that your construction project not only stays within budget but also maximizes the value you receive for every dollar spent.
What’s included in the initial report?
The “Quantity Surveyor – Initial Report” plays a pivotal role in the construction and financing of a project, as it serves as the first critical step towards ensuring a successful and financially sound construction endeavor. This initial report serves several key functions, with a primary focus on mitigating risks and ensuring that the project is viable. Here’s an in-depth exploration of this essential topic:
1. The Quantity Surveyor’s initial report is a crucial risk mitigation tool that assesses builder qualifications and compliance with legal requirements.
2. It verifies project documentation, ensuring a solid foundation for successful construction, and benefiting all stakeholders involved in the project.
Newin can will you at all or any stage of a project- residential, commercial or industrial. Our reports are tailored to suit the specific needs of your project type.
Our Cost Estimates are:
- Tailored to suit the specific needs of your project type
- Always accurate and thorough
- Easy to understand, with detailed breakdowns provided
- Delivered on time and to your requirements
- Quick turn around, with optional 72hr turn around available.
2022 – 2023 Have Building Costs Increased in Melbourne?
The cost of building materials has increased significantly in recent years across Australia, and Melbourne is no exception. According to various sources, building costs in Melbourne have ballooned 20% in the last 12 months, and the trend is expected to continue.
Matt Saunderson, a quantity surveyor who assesses the costs of major building contracts, estimated that the cost of building materials had risen by about 20% in a year, resulting in at least a $100,000 increase in the cost of an average project home worth $400,000 [Source].
Melbourne Construction Estimator – Common Questions Answered
A significant portion of construction costs will be funnelled into paying for the various trades’ labour and equipment.
Labour rates, labour hours, equipment costs, material prices, and quantities are all included in the estimate to calculate an accurate cost.
Contingencies and variances need to be accounted for as well, as no project will be without its challenges, and market forces can create variations in prices and cause labour shortages.
How Much Does it Cost to Build a Duplex in Melbourne?
Building a duplex on a vacant block is also a cost-effective approach for homeowners looking to get into their dream home without significantly adding to their mortgage. Of course, a duplex will cost more than a freestanding home, but the extra value from having two properties on one block can be significant.
Whether restructuring an existing property or building from scratch, you will want to know how much does it cost to build a duplex in Melbourne?