Quantity Surveying Services Sydney
Newin is your trusted Quantity Surveying partner in Sydney, NSW, offering an extensive and highly experienced approach to a diverse clientele, spanning various sectors of the construction industry.
Newin is a trusted partner of choice across the Building & Construction industry
Reports Completed to Date
Average Cost Savings
Our Quantity Surveying Services across Sydney
Construction Cost Management and Contract Administration
We serve as the initial point of contact between the design and construction teams and our clients, which may include homeowners, builders, or developers. Our role encompasses conducting a construction audit, from the pre-verification of costs before project commencement to the ongoing tracking and monitoring of expenses throughout the construction process.
Construction Cost Project Claim Assessments and Performance
We will evaluate and provide recommendations for both progress and variation claims. Additionally, we will diligently monitor various project budget components, including the costs of completed work, work in progress, and, when required, the costs associated with defective work. Our overarching objective is to guarantee that the construction expenses remain in alignment with the approved budget.
Registered Quantity Surveyor’s Cost Report
This may be required by your council for a DA-approved renovation, construction, or development.
Independent Bank Reports and Assessments
We have extensive experience in preparing the Bank’s Initial Report, Drawdown Valuation Reports, and associated requests. This includes the valuation of completed and ongoing work and the handling of progress claims. Newin has a proven track record of working with numerous leading banks and a deep understanding of their specific requirements in these areas.
Construction Cost Plans and Estimations
We specialize in cost estimation for a broad spectrum of projects, spanning residential, commercial, and industrial developments. Our process involves meticulously calculating the expenses associated with materials and labor, all tailored to the specifics of your project design and specifications.
Our services cover the full project lifecycle, from high-level feasibility cost analyses to comprehensive design cost assessments, both pre and post-tender. Our overarching goal with these cost plans is to provide an independent and thorough evaluation of your project’s budget, pinpoint potential risks, and identify avenues for cost savings.
Find out more about our Sydney construction cost estimate services here.
GET A FIX FEE TODAY FAST AND EASY
SYDNEY HOME BUILDERS AND TRADES
Quantity Surveying that offers NO Surprises
Hi, I’m Hai Nguyen, founder of Newin Building Estimating Services, and that’s what I’ll help you do – cost and manage your building projects to ultimately ensure your project gets completed to budget and without any cost surprises.
We are a Sydney-based property and construction advisory firm specialising in Quantity Surveying and Cost Management services. We work with domestic, commercial, and industrial builders, home-owners, architects, and developers at various phases: prior to construction, during construction, and post-construction.
Over the years we’ve seen clients get caught out with poor project tracking systems, inaccurate costings, or simply “paying too much”, sadly leaving many financially strained.
We have a proven risk management system and industry track record for addressing all these.
The result- greater confidence that your project will be delivered on time and within budget.
With offices across Sydney, Melbourne, as well as Auckland, New Zealand, and powered by 18 year’s + experience in the construction industry, over 7000 reports behind us, we’d love to share how we can help with your building project whether it’s a renovation, new home build, commercial or even a high-rise residential project.
Why do you need a Quantity Surveyor?
1. Accurate Budget Planning: Building a new property or embarking on a construction project can be a significant financial endeavor. To ensure that your project stays within budget, a Building Quantity Surveyor is an invaluable asset. They specialize in detailed cost estimation and financial management for construction projects. By working with a Quantity Surveyor from the early stages of your project, you can create an accurate and well-defined budget that takes into account all the expenses, from materials and labor to any unforeseen costs. This meticulous budget planning not only helps you avoid financial surprises down the road but also allows you to make informed decisions about the scope and quality of your project.
2. Cost Efficiency: Building Quantity Surveyors are experts at optimizing costs without compromising on quality. They play a crucial role in value engineering, where they explore alternative materials and construction methods that can save money without sacrificing the intended design or functionality. Their extensive knowledge of construction costs, market rates, and project management helps streamline the entire construction process. With their assistance, you can identify cost-saving opportunities, negotiate with contractors, and track expenses throughout the project. Ultimately, having a Building Quantity Surveyor by your side ensures that your construction project not only stays within budget but also maximizes the value you receive for every dollar spent.
What’s included in the initial report?
The “Quantity Surveyor – Initial Report” plays a pivotal role in the construction and financing of a project, as it serves as the first critical step towards ensuring a successful and financially sound construction endeavor. This initial report serves several key functions, with a primary focus on mitigating risks and ensuring that the project is viable. Here’s an in-depth exploration of this essential topic:
1. The Quantity Surveyor’s initial report is a crucial risk mitigation tool that assesses builder qualifications and compliance with legal requirements.
2. It verifies project documentation, ensuring a solid foundation for successful construction, and benefiting all stakeholders involved in the project.
Newin can will you at all or any stage of a project- residential, commercial or industrial. Our reports are tailored to suit the specific needs of your project type.
Our Cost Estimates are:
- Tailored to suit the specific needs of your project type
- Always accurate and thorough
- Easy to understand, with detailed breakdowns provided
- Delivered on time and to your requirements
- Quick turn around, with optional 72hr turn around available.
Do you need a Section 94 Council report?
Section 94 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act was enacted in 1979 and is designed to introduce extra resources for the council to draw from when developers have new residences or commercial premises planned. The purpose of the levies is to ensure the council can provide for future planning needs, public services, and infrastructure required because of the new development.
In short, it’s a buffer that guarantees a council will have the necessary funds to finance the infrastructure of a growing community. The contributions are most often used for building community centres, road upgrades, and creating public open spaces such as parks.
In this way, the council gets an overarching view of the intended development and has the data required for calculating the size of the contribution.
2023 New Home Builds Are Becoming More Expensive in Australia
What’s behind this increase in construction costs? The answer lies in a few key factors. Energy costs are going up globally, which affects the price of some construction materials like cement, glass, and aluminum. These are energy-intensive resources, meaning they require a lot of power to produce.
Supply chain issues have also played a part. Even though things are improving, builders in Australia still sometimes struggle to get certain materials quickly. For instance, concrete, which requires a lot of energy and space for transport, is one material that can be difficult to obtain.
The Role of Quantity Surveyors: Benefits To Construction Projects
A quantity surveyor performs many different roles in a construction project, but their primary contribution is as a financial and contractual advisor.
Their expertise lies in costing a project at every stage, procurement, and tendering, monitoring the value of variations, and measuring work in progress to ensure the project is constructed at a fair and equitable cost.
Building Costs in Sydney Update 2023
Almost a million new homes are forecast to be built in Australia for the five years between 2023 and 2028. It’s 35,000 short of the government’s goal and assumes no further increases to the cash rate. It also does not factor in land supply as a constraint on detached home building. Unfortunately, homeowners have yet to face the full impact of an increasing cash rate on their mortgages, and the ramifications may continue to influence the building supply industry well into 2024.